For the Winter 2022 term, all York students are required to disclose their vaccination status on YU Screen. Disclosure of vaccination status includes unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, fully vaccinated or seeking an exemption from vaccination.
If you plan on accessing campus to take in-person classes, study, work, attend events, utilize student services, live on campus or other in-person services/events, provide your proof of vaccination on YU Screen by December 1, 2021.
If you have already disclosed your vaccination status and provided proof of vaccination, thank you. If you have not, please do so as soon as possible. Students registered for in-person courses for the Winter 2022 term who do not provide proof on vaccination on YU Screen by December 1, 2021, will be de-enrolled prior to the start of the term.
International students in regions where they are not able to access COVID vaccines prior to arriving in Canada for the Winter term will have a bridging period to get fully vaccinated after they finish their quarantine. Please see the information below for more details.
Visit the Better Together website for the latest communication and FAQs.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ARRIVING IN CANADA FOR WINTER 2022
Canada recently announced that as of November 30, 2021, Canada will expand the list of COVID-19 vaccines that travellers can receive to be considered for exemption to quarantine for the purpose of travel to Canada. The list will include Sinopharm (Beijing), Sinovac and COVAXIN, matching the World Health Organization Emergency Use Listing.
In addition, as of January 15, 2022, all travellers entering Canada must be fully vaccinated with one of the accepted COVID vaccines listed above, including international students over the age of 18. After January 14, 2022, international students who are not fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine will be prohibited from entering Canada.
Here is what you need to know/do for your travel to Canada:
- Upload your vaccination status to YU Screen if you haven’t already. Indicate your current vaccination status even if you are not yet fully vaccinated. Please do this right away.
- Fill out the International Student Location form by November 30.
- Book your travel to Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has recently announced that international students may arrive earlier than 4 weeks prior to the start of courses. We recommend that you make travel arrangements so that you arrive in Canada with enough time to complete your mandatory 14-day quarantine period before the start of classes on January 10, 2022.
- Read about the York Quarantine program and fill out the Travel to Canada form by December 6. International students must inform York of their travel to Canada whether they are arranging their own quarantine accommodations or using the York-designated hotels. If you are eligible for quarantine exemption, York will provide a backup quarantine plan for you.
- If you will be arriving in Canada not fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID vaccination, you will have a bridging period after you complete quarantine to get fully vaccinated. Visit YU Better Together FAQs for International Students for full details on your requirements and responsibilities during this bridging period. Please note, this bridging period only applies to international students who were not in Canada for the Fall 2021 semester and are not able to access vaccines prior to arriving in Canada.
For more information, please visit the YU Better Together FAQs for International Students. International students can reach out to York International at email@example.com for support.