I hope that you were able to find some time to unwind and re-energize during the holiday break. I would also like to wish you a Happy New Year.
In December, we notified you that in-person delivery of courses will be switched to remote until Jan. 23. We have since made the decision to further delay most in-person activities in the winter term:
- All courses will be delivered in remote format until Jan. 31. There are some exceptions and students in those courses will have already been notified by their course instructor.
- Food on campus will only be available for takeout and in accordance with provincial guidance, dedicated dining spaces will be unavailable for use.
- Student staff, including Work/Study, LEAP, RAY and YUSA-2, who are not required to be in-person will continue to work remotely and will receive additional details from managers directly by email in the coming days.
- Researchers can continue on-campus research; however, everyone is asked to attend only to essential activities.
- Libraries are offering contactless curb-side pickup only, with few exceptions, effective Jan. 10. Please use the following email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Health & Well-Being
What You Can Do
A dedicated York community vaccination clinic will run from Jan. 10 to 28 at the Keele campus. More information about the clinic will be communicated in the coming days.
As we continue to do what we can to curb the impact of the omicron variant, I urge everyone to continue following the most current public health guidance.
- Make sure you’re fully vaccinated and receive a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you are able;
- Maintain physical distance where possible;
- Wear a high-quality mask;
- Do not come to campus unless in-person instruction and research are required and, if you do come to campus, complete your screening on YU Screen;
- If you live on campus, make sure you complete your YU Screen every day;
- Most importantly, do not come to campus if you feel unwell.
Visit the Better Together FAQs for International Students. International students can reach out to York International at email@example.com for support.
Thank you for your cooperation, flexibility, and shared commitment to community health and safety. Please continue to check Better Together for the most current information and ongoing updates.