Happy first day of Winter classes! I hope that you were able to find some time to unwind and re-energize during the holiday break.
In December, we notified you that in-person courses will be switched to remote (online) delivery until Jan. 23. We have since made the decision to further delay most in-person activities in the winter term:
- All courses will be delivered in remote format until Jan. 31. There are some exceptions, and students in those courses will have already been notified by their course instructor.
- Food on campus will only be available for takeout and in accordance with provincial guidance, dedicated dining spaces will be unavailable for use.
- Libraries are offering contactless curb-side pickup only, with few exceptions, effective Jan. 10. Please use the following email email@example.com for assistance.
- Students enrolled in in-person courses are required to be present to attend classes on campus when in-person activities resume.
- Review the list of Winter 2022 online courses if you wish to switch to an online or remote course option (if possible).
- If you wish to defer your offer of admission for Winter 2022 and begin your degree program in Summer (May) or Fall (September) 2022, you may submit a deferral request until Jan. 23, 2022.
Health & Well-Being
A reminder to all that resources and support for well-being are available.
What You Can Do
A dedicated York community vaccination clinic will run from Jan. 10 to 28 at the Keele campus. More information about the clinic can be found on the Better Together website.
As we continue to do what we can to curb the impact of the Omicron variant, I urge everyone to continue following the most current public health guidance.
- Make sure you’re fully vaccinated;
- Plan to receive a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you are able;
- Maintain physical distance where possible;
- Wear a high-quality mask;
- Do not come to campus unless in-person instruction and research are required and, if you do come to campus, complete your screening on YU Screen;
- If you live on campus, make sure you complete your YU Screen every day;
- Most importantly, do not come to campus if you feel unwell.
Visit the Better Together FAQs for International Students. International students can reach out to York International at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Thank you for your cooperation, flexibility, and shared commitment to community health and safety. Please continue to check Better Together for the most current information and ongoing updates.
Welcome to the York community,