As mentioned in a recent update, we have been closely following the sixth wave of COVID-19 in Ontario. To further support the health, safety and wellbeing of those who are teaching, learning, researching and working on campus, York’s mask protocol will be extended until further notice. We will review our masking requirement regularly in response to the changing public health situation and should a change be required, the community will be notified.
This means that masks will continue to be required in all indoor spaces at York. Indoor spaces at York include, but are not limited to, classrooms, administrative buildings, offices, meeting rooms, York Lanes, and common areas in all residences, washrooms, hallways and elevators.
To support access, masks will continue to be made available for a nominal fee at the Bookstore and vending machines on the Keele and Glendon campuses.
Here are some important reminders at this time:
- Until April 30, all community members must complete daily symptom screening with YU Screen before attending campus and be prepared to show proof of YU Screen clearance upon request, while on campus.
- York community members should continue to self-monitor for symptoms and must not come to campus if they are feeling unwell.
- Effective May 1, York will pause its COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate (May 4, 2022 for Osgoode Hall Law School students, faculty and staff).
- York continues to work with public health authorities in the event that it becomes necessary to reinstate proof of vaccination on very short notice after May 1.
- We strongly encourage all community members to keep their vaccination up to date on YU Screen and receive a full vaccine series, including third or fourth doses, when they are eligible.
- Rapid tests can be obtained on Keele and Glendon campuses.
All members of the YU community share a responsibility for the safety and well-being of others, and are required to observe all COVID-19 health and safety regulations while on our campuses.
Should there be any further changes to public health restrictions on York University’s campuses, the community with be notified promptly. Please continue to check YU Better Together for the most current information and ongoing updates.
President & Vice-Chancellor