We have been closely following the sixth wave of COVID-19 in Ontario. To further support the health, safety and well-being of those on campus, York's mask protocol will be extended until further notice. We will update you with any changes as the public health situation changes.
Masks will therefore continue to be required in all indoor spaces at York including, but not limited to, classrooms, administrative buildings, offices, meeting rooms, York Lanes, and common areas in all residences, washrooms, hallways and elevators.
Masks will continue to be made available for a nominal fee at the Bookstore and vending machines on our campuses.
Here are some important reminders:
- Until April 30, all students must complete daily symptom screening with YU Screen before attending campus and be prepared to show proof of YU Screen clearance upon request, while on campus.
- York community members should continue to self-monitor for symptoms and must not come to campus if they are feeling unwell.
- Effective May 1, York will pause its COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate (May 4, 2022 for Osgoode Juris Doctor and Graduate Program Research students).
- York continues to work with public health authorities should it become necessary to reinstate proof of vaccination on very short notice after May 1.
- We strongly recommend that everyone receives a completed vaccine series, including third or fourth doses, when eligible. You are responsible for keeping your vaccination status up to date on YU Screen.
- Rapid tests can be obtained on Keele and Glendon campuses.
All members of the York community share a responsibility for the safety and well-being of others, and are required to observe all COVID-19 health and safety regulations while on our campuses.
We will notify you promptly of any changes to public health restrictions on our campuses. Please continue to check YU Better Together for the most current information and ongoing updates.