We foster excellence in capstone teaching and learning through forging a strong community of practice around capstones at York.
“I’ve learned so much from engineering prof, science profs, health profs and likewise I teach in humanities, they’re learning from me also. So, this is the true interdisciplinary venues where pedagogy can flourish.”
— Carolyn Steele, YCN Associate Director
YCN is made up of four parts:
A way to bring together professors, staff, partners, and students to learn about and celebrate capstone teaching and learning.
C4: Cross Campus Capstone Classroom
An award-winning, innovative classroom for high-impact, interdisciplinary, team-based learning.
Why should I join YCN?
There are lots of reasons to join the York Capstone Network:
- Get inspired by capstone colleagues and experts
- Share and get valuable feedback on your own capstone ideas
- Obtain new insights on student capstone experiences, from students themselves
- Foster the development of online capstone resources for faculty and students
- Contribute to the development of a "teaching-positive" culture on campus
How can I get involved?
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the mailing list and to learn about the next Capstone Cafe.
OR send us your passion project for students to tackle by filling out this pitch form.