As a new student starting university, there are a lot of questions to ask about classes and student life. At orientation, New College welcomes all incoming students (domestic, international, exchange, transfer and mature), introduces students to their program of studies, College resources, social, recreation and sports activities and York resources such as various academic services, financial resources along with important tools to ease the transition to university life. Faculty members and staff from each of the academic programs affiliated with New College will be present to answer your questions and provide essential information to help you succeed. We want to help you transition to university and make connections so you will feel at home.
Please be aware that Orientation Day is an essential program for all new students and attendance is strongly recommended.
New College's orientation is for all students in the following programs:
- School of Administrative Studies
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) 90 credits
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) with Specialized Honours (120 credits) in the following streams:
- Business Research
- Business Technology Management
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Disaster and Emergency Management (BDEM)
- School of Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Human Resources Management (BHRM)
- School of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BA ITEC)
Orientation takes place at the start of each academic term. Fall Orientation is scheduled for
Friday, September 3, 2021 beginning at 9:00 am EDT.
Orientation schedule details and registration can be found on the New College eClass page. To register for orientation, please follow the steps below:
1. Please set-up your Passport York (PPY) account and student email address (i.e., @my.yorku.ca) using this link: https://passportyork.yorku.ca/ppylogin/ppylogin
Click on "New Student Sign Up" on the right side of the page and follow the prompts to create your PPY.
2. Orientation will be delivered virtually via the ZOOM platform. You must download ZOOM from York's website and authenticate with your Student PPY account.
3. Direct link to New College's eClass page:
Login using your Student PPY and username.
Scroll down to Part 1 and register for orientation.
All York platforms are Student PPY protected for security reasons. Please ensure you are logging in with your @my.yorku.ca email or student PPY to access York platforms.
Should you experience any difficulties, please contact our office via NewCol@yorku.ca.
Our Orientation will be live via ZOOM and every session will include the option to turn on real time transcription. If you require any other accommodation to access our orientation, please visit our Student Accessibility Services New Students webpage to make your request.
Any questions regarding registration with Student Accessibility Services can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate in any of York University’s sessions, you must download Zoom from York's website and authenticate with your Passport York account.
Quick Start Guide
For step by step instructions use the handy Zoom Quick Start Guide to get set up.
Is this your first time joining a group call on Zoom with York University. Consider brushing up on some Zoom Etiquette - or 'Netiquette.'