Foundational Peer Leadership Training (FPLT)
FOUNDATIONAL PEER LEADERSHIP TRAINING (FPLT) – September 15, 16, & 17, 2023
Dates and Times:
Attendance at all three days is mandatory. Training is delivered synchronously via Zoom and eClass.
Day 1: Friday, September 15, 2023 from 3:30pm to 6:30pm
Day 2: Saturday, September 16, 2023 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Day 3: Sunday, September 17, 2023 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Mode of Delivery: training is delivered virtually using Zoom (Synchronous)
This training offers current students and peer leaders a unique opportunity to learn and reflect on how to take on leadership responsibilities, what it means to be a leader in their community, and how to maintain a balance in their lives.
This training is mandatory for all peer leaders affiliated with Calumet and Stong Colleges (both paid and volunteer roles). If you are interested in a peer leadership position and/or want to develop your leadership skills, we invite you to register.
To receive a certificate of participation, you will be required to meet the following 5 program requirements:
1. participate in the full 3-day training (participants are asked to arrive on time and stay until the training ends)
2. have access to a webcam, mic, and internet for remote portions of the training. You will be asked to keep your camera on and participate in the live small and large group discussions when training is offered remotely
3. complete all mandatory pre-instructional activities, prior to the scheduled training, (30-minute commitment prior to Day 1) using the eClass platform
4. complete all mandatory training activities throughout the training (60-minute commitment) using the eClass platform
5. complete all mandatory post-training activities (30-minute commitment after the training) using the eClass platform