Getting to Know YU is a reach-ahead program designed to support high school students who are thinking about a university as a potential pathway after high school. The program gives grade 9 and 10 students from participating schools exposure to a variety of academic and recreational activities at York University through remote engagements to get them to consider university as a future pathway.
Participants of the program will:
- Be paired with a current York University peer-mentor
- Explore learning opportunities beyond high school
- Invited to engage in and attend student-life events (i.e. Varsity games, social clubs, etc) at York University
- Become aware of how to prepare and apply for university
- Learn about the many career paths available to them with a university degree
- Gain awareness about the Advanced Credit Experience (ACE)
Imagine yourself as York University student!
Getting to Know YU will partner with faculties and departments throughout the York University Campus, as well as school boards and community organization to promote the outreach and wrap around support for participants which include their families. Please check back regularly for updates.
All students registered in Getting to Know YU must abide by the York University Code of Student Students Rights & Responsibilities.
Thank-you to our Partner Schools:
|George Harvey Collegiate Institute||Westview Centennial Secondary School|
|James Cardinal McGuigan Catholic High School||Emery Collegiate Institute|