To ensure a safe environment where everyone can feel comfortable returning to campus, the following procedures are being implemented:
- Complete the Campus Access Portal form for contractors/vendors requiring access.
- Physical distancing procedures with re-arranged classrooms, shared offices, libraries, research and teaching labs and other spaces.
- Signage that encourages and instructs everyone to practice physical distancing as well as proper hand hygiene.
- Signs indicating maximum occupancy in rooms and elevators.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas in keeping with guidelines from Public Health Ontario.
- New sanitizer dispensers will be installed across both campuses.
- Protective measures - Plexiglass barriers and sneeze guards will be installed in high traffic areas where maintaining physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Non-medical fabric mouth and nose covers will be available to students, faculty and staff who are required to be on campus and to be used when physical distancing is not possible. According to Canada’s chief public health officer, the wearing of a mouth and nose cover is an added layer of protection that can help protect those around you. A non-medical mouth and nose cover is NOT a replacement for required personal protective equipment (PPE).
To learn more about York’s phased return to campus plan