To ensure a safe environment where everyone can feel comfortable returning to campus, the following procedures are being implemented:
- Masks continue to be required in all indoor spaces including, but not limited to, classrooms, administrative buildings, offices, meeting rooms, York Lanes, and common areas in all residences, washrooms, hallways and elevators.
- Masks are available for purchase in a bundle of 3 at a nominal cost of .25 per bundle. For the mask vending machine closest to you, visit our map.
- Physical distancing is recommended in enclosed areas such as classrooms, shared offices, libraries, research and teaching labs and other spaces.
- Signage that encourages and instructs everyone to practice physical distancing as well as proper hand hygiene.
- Signs indicating maximum occupancy capacity in rooms.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas in keeping with guidelines from Public Health Ontario.
- New sanitizer dispensers will be installed across both campuses.
- Protective measures - Plexiglass barriers and sneeze guards will be installed in high traffic areas where maintaining physical distancing isn’t possible.
To learn more about York’s phased return to campus plan