The Esther Kohl Vale Graduate Award in Social Work has been created for graduate students undertaking a Master's degree in Social Work who have experienced an interruption in their formal education and who meet the requirements of "mature student" status as outlined by York University's guidelines. In addition to the mature student qualification, the recipient must demonstrate financial need, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person and Ontario resident*.
Value and Duration
- Up to 5 awards of up to $3,000 (Subject to change)
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Full-time registered Master's York graduate student;
- Incoming or current students;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario;
- Selection criteria includes:
- Master's student in School of Social Work
- Be recognized as a "mature student" as outlined by York University's guidelines
- Financial need.
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- to be determined by the Graduate Program
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
- Please submit the required documentation below through the application portal.
- Please also complete Student Financial Profile
- Please contact the Graduate Program in Social Work.