The Victor Hedges Graduate Scholarship will be awarded to graduate students who demonstrate academic excellence and are pursuing studies and research in British and/or Irish history, literature and culture with preference given to students who have demonstrated an active role in the Irish-Canadian community. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- up to $12,500
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (A average);
- Students whose research focuses on British and/or Irish history, literature and culture with preference given to students who have demonstrated an active role in the Irish-Canadian community;
- Preference given to incoming students; however current students will be considered;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons who are residents of Ontario*;
- Student deadline: January 16 extended for current students to March 31, 2023
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): January 31 for incoming students
How to Apply
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's experience and current research are aligned with the scope of the award; and
- Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file, 1) an up-to-date CV, and 2) a copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable)
- Complete online Student Financial Profile;
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.