The Victor Hedges Graduate Scholarship will be awarded to graduate students who demonstrate academic excellence and are pursuing studies and research in British and/or Irish history, literature and culture with preference given to students who have demonstrated an active role in the Irish-Canadian community. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- up to $12,500
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (A average);
- Students whose research focuses on British and/or Irish history, literature and culture with preference given to students who have demonstrated an active role in the Irish-Canadian community;
- Preference given to incoming students; however current students will be considered;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons who are residents of Ontario*;
- Student deadline: February 28
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): March 15
How to Apply
- Students must submit the following in one PDF document through the Award Submission Portal:
- Award Application Form: the applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- Also separately, online Student Financial Profile must also be completed by the student submission deadline.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.