The York University Retirees' Association Graduate Award will be awarded to full-time Master's students who demonstrate financial need and either a strong commitment to volunteerism in the community or active engagement in a student leadership role.
The YURA award applications are available to eligible students in Faculties on a rotational basis. For academic year 2020–21, students in Business or Law will be eligible. For academic year 2021–22, the award is available for students enrolled in AMPD, LA&PS, Glendon and Education, and in academic year 2022–23, for students in the Faculties of Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies and Health.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
Eligibility (for 2021-22)
- Full-time registered York Master's student in AMPD, LA&PS, Glendon and Education
- Actively engaged in volunteer activities or in a student leadership role;
- A minimum academic standing of B+
- Demonstrate financial need.
- November 20
How to Apply
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should describe their experience in a volunteer or student leadership role; and
- Upload required materials, merged into one PDF file, 1) a copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable); and 2) a letter of reference attesting to the applicant's community/student life involvement
- Complete online Student Financial Profile;
- Provide an academic reference letter attesting academic ability in the program, to be submitted directly to email@example.com
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.