The Donna Hayden Memorial Education Award will be awarded to a female continuing graduate student who is majoring in a business, science, or engineering program. Applicants must be in good academic standing (GPA of 6.0 or B grade average) and demonstrate financial need.
CFUW Markham Unionville is one of over 100 CFUW Clubs, located in every province across Canada, which belong to The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW). Since its founding in 1919, CFUW has been working to improve the status of women, and to promote human rights, public education, social justice, and peace. Donna Hayden was President of the CFUW Markham - Unionville Club from 2011 to 2013. She had a passionate interest in promoting education for women and a firm belief that education is the key to solving many problems. The CFUW Markham - Unionville Education Fund, a registered charity, is the recipient of a Hayden family donation. CFUW Markham - Unionville is proud to establish the Donna Hayden Memorial Education Awards.
- Continuing female student enrolled in a graduate program business, science, or engineering program.
- Must be in good academic standing (a minimum GPA of 6.0 or B grade average)
- Must demonstrate financial need
February 26, 2021
How to Apply
- Students must submit the following in one PDF document through the Award Submission Portal:
- Award Application Form: the applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- Also separately, online Student Financial Profile must also be completed by the student submission deadline.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.