The Chancellor Bennett Doctoral Scholarship for Liberal Arts is available to a student entering a full-time PhD program who has achieved a minimum admission average of an A and is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person and is an Ontario resident* who demonstrates financial need. The scholarship is renewable for a maximum of four years provided the recipient has maintained satisfactory progress and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $20,000 (Subject to change)
- Renewable for a maximum of four years
- Student entering a full-time Doctoral program in Liberal Arts programs;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident and/or protected person who is a resident of Ontario;
- Minimum admission average of A;
- Demonstrate financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants for admission must be nominated by the graduate program.
GRADUATE PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY
- Graduate programs are encouraged to forward nominations.
DOCUMENTATION (SUPPLIED FROM THE ADMISSIONS FILE WHERE POSSIBLE)
- Research statement
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- A completed online Student Financial Profile for the upcoming academic year
- Program nomination is due to FGS by March 1.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.