The Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Visiting Graduate Student Scholar Award will be available annually to a doctoral student at a university in Greece with which York has a formal relationship. The recipient will receive the designation of "The Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Visiting Graduate Student Scholar" during the period of their stay. This award will be open to students who are completing a PhD in any discipline and intend to visit York University for research purposes.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $5,000
- Pursuing a PhD in Greece at a university with a formal relationship with York University
- Intending to visit York for research purposes as part of the International Visiting Graduate Student Scholar (IVGSS) program
- Information about the IVGSS program can be found on the York International website.
- Applications are due to the Faculty of Graduate Studies by March 1.
How to Apply
- Applicants and/or their host supervisors must submit to the Faculty of Graduate Studies:
- A confidential letter of nomination in a sealed envelope from the faculty member supervising their research at York University
- A copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts (a photocopy will be accepted)
- A copy of the student’s completed IVGSS letter of invitation
- A 250-word statement about the research the student will be pursuing while at York University
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipient, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e–mail and post the allocation to the successful applicant’s student account.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.