York University’s Faculty of Health offers pathways for non-high school students (college and university transfers, international, mature) to attain a degree in Psychology (BA/BSc).
Get a head start on your degree. More than 60 per cent of Ontario college students who transfer to York receive between four and seven full course credits. Visit York's transfer students page for more information and to apply.
Georgian College students:
Learn more about Georgian's transfer credit agreement with York.
Seneca College students:
Learn more about Seneca's transfer credit agreement with York.
Psychology at York
- York’s Psychology program ranks among the top 10 programs for psychology in Canada according to Maclean's 2018 Program Rankings and among the top 100 programs in the world according to the QS World University Rankings, 2018
- More course selections than at any other Canadian university offering tremendous choice to help students determine their study and career interests
- Evening, online and blended courses for maximum study flexibility
- Award winning professors who are internationally recognized teachers and researchers actively working with community partners to address challenges such as improving services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder; advising schools and government on ways to prevent or stop bullying; working with NASA astronauts on vision and perception in space and much more
- Experiential education opportunities including placements with community partners
Degree Options & Careers
Missing a math or science prerequisite course to apply for Psychology? York offers bridging courses in math and science. You can receive an offer of admission and pursue your degree provided you complete either the math or science you are missing within the first 12 months of study.
- Students missing the math requirement are required to take MATH 1510 6.00
- BSc students missing the science requirement are required to take one of: CHEM 1500 4.00 or PHYS 1510 4.00
For questions about these courses or for other degree requirements, please contact the Faculty of Health’s Office of Student & Academic Services at (416) 736-5299 or at email@example.com.