NLRL Library Support Assistant
Program: Nellie Langford Rowell Library
Unit / Department: Student Success & Access Programs
Job Type: Peer Leader Roles
Eligibility: You must be eligible for work-study or international work-study to work within the Faculty of LA&PS. Please review the eligibility requirements for domestic students and international students to verify your status.
Number of Positions Available: 2
Type of Position: Paid
Rate of Pay: $15.50 per hour
Employment Term: September 2023-April 2024
Hours of Work: 7.25 hours per week
The Library Support Assistant will support the operations of the Library, by performing administrative and customer service duties.
Under the direction of the Library Coordinator, the Library Support Assistant may perform some or all the following duties:
- Perform Library opening and closing tasks.
- Assist patrons with locating and selecting resources.
- Charge, discharge and hold library materials using the online catalogue system
- Process and collect payments for printing and photocopying services.
- Sort and shelve books and other library materials.
- Inform users of general library policies and procedures.
- Update catalogue database with newly acquired library materials or materials that are being removed.
- Maintain supply of publications used and produced by the department
- Perform reception duties including responding to directional and basic questions over email, in person, and over the phone.
- Assist in the preparation and logistics of in-person and virtual library events such as the annual undergraduate student conference, poetry readings, workshops, or seminars.
- Clear paper jams, stock paper and replace toner in photocopiers.
- Attend meetings and perform administrative duties such as create files, order office supplies, maintain patron usage statistics, perform data entry, photocopy and prepare administrative documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled as a York student.
- Ability to communicate with others to explain and share information.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills to carry out a variety of tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate instructions, policies & procedures.
Required Application Documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcript