Placement Organization: CanadaHelps
Position Title: Content Marketing Intern
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 186 Spadina Ave Toronto, Ontario M5T 3B2 Canada
CanadaHelps is a registered charity and social enterprise that supports the fundraising efforts of all charities across Canada. Our vision is to help create a society in which all Canadians are committed to giving and participate in the charitable sector, and in which all charities, regardless of size, have the capacity to increase their impact. We've helped over 3 million Canadians donate more than $2 billion to charities in need, and continue to grow our impact with every donation made.
Assisting in creating content for our various donor marketing efforts including educational blogs about the charitable sector and specific cause funds, assisting in researching and creating email copy, assisting in researching and creating social media copy, assistance in creating website landing page copy and potential to support on design change suggestions.
- A true passion for the charitable sector and making a change in the lives of those in need.
- Ability to research and write about sensitive subject matter in an objective and respectful way.
- Ability to create compelling, engaging content for a wide range of audiences.
- An incredible skill for storytelling.
- An understanding of how to adjust storytelling for different placements and platforms.
- Flexibility to work with a team consisting of in-office and remote workers.
- Our ideal candidate will be someone who builds connections through communication. We'd like someone who is as passionate about creating a career through storytelling as they are in seeing the charitable sector in Canada thrive. This person will have a passion for social causes, social justice, and creating access to equality for all citizens.
- Ability to adjust tone based on direction and subject matter appropriateness.
- Writing skills, attention to detail, the ability to self-edit work, and clear communication capabilities are a must. Understanding of photo editing programs like Photoshop are an considered an asset, but are not required.