Placement Organization: Artists' Network
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Support
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 1158 Queen St. E Toronto, Ontario M4M 1L2 Canada
The Artists’ Network is a Canadian, member-led, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting visual artists in their business practice. We promote professional development and entrepreneurship by providing educational seminars, juried exhibitions and networking opportunities. Our members are artists, our staff are artists, and our Board of Directors are artists. Together, we decide what we do and how we do it. And we rely on our membership to direct the path we take. We depend on the membership, along with our volunteers, community partners and generous art-loving sponsors, to help make the organization run smoothly.
We are looking for help in the Marketing and Communications fields to promote our Gallery shows, ArtWalk events and Education Seminars.
We want to build our social media presence and increase partnerships with other arts and community organizations as well as art collectors and artists.
- Strong written skills in social media marketing and communications.
- Knowledge in Graphic programs like CANVA.
- Able to work with a team of committee members and Board Members.
- Work independently and sometimes offsite.
- Bring in new suggestions and ideas to help the organization with promotions and outreach to the arts community.
- Increase our database of art buyers.
- Love of visual arts.
- Interest in art exhibitions and learning opportunities on the business of art.
- Knowledge in excel and word programs would be beneficial.
- Bring new and fresh contemporary ideas.