Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
Placement Organization: Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
Position Title: Marketing Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 2110-439 University Avenue Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Y8 Canada
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing over $140 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Assist the Marketing Services team with asset and content creation.
- Creating graphics for web and social media using Canva and/or Adobe Photoshop.
- Editing and producing video content.
- Updating websites.
- Writing copy for digital and print collateral.
- Coordinating file retrieval and storage.
- Strong at proofreading and copyediting.
- Able to write engaging marketing copy with confidence and speed.
- Excited about using Canva and other graphic design/video editing platforms to create engaging marketing collateral.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to take on a wide variety of tasks—anything from creating UTM tracking codes to writing email autoresponders for our fundraising websites.
- Experience with video and graphic design production.
- Ability to speak another language; French would be very beneficial.
- Knowledge of not-for-profits and the charity ecosystem.