Interactive Business Optimization Services (IBOSS) Inc.
Placement Organization: Interactive Business Optimization Services (IBOSS) Inc.
Position Title: Marketing & Communications (Student) Coordinator
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: Remote / Virtual
Interactive Business Optimization Services (IBOSS) Inc. specializes in working with small-medium businesses by providing outsourced Operations, Project and Team Management. We work to help business owners streamline, optimize and systematize their business thus giving them to freedom and focus to grow and scale their businesses.
If you are a dedicated individual who is passionate about Marketing & Communications and looking for an opportunity to learn, work and grow with a rising star business as well as expand your experience and build your portfolio as a Marketing & Communications specialist, this opportunity is for you.
As our Marketing & Social Media (Student) Coordinator, you will work with us to develop and manage our social media and communications initiatives for our business.
This role is a part-time placement (unpaid) position that reports directly to the Owner & CEO, while also working with other key members of the team (as and when needed).
• Work with team to develop and execute a marketing strategy to introduce the business to our target market and the public via the various public relations and social media channels
• Develop collateral material for marketing purposes
• Social Media content & graphics creation:
• Graphics for each platform
• Scheduling posts, after review, as per schedule
• Google Analytics set-up (one-time project, if time permits)
• Write or assist in developing theme/topic-specific content (blogs, infographics, checklists, etc.)
• Coordinate the distribution of marketing and social media content
• Participate in overseeing email marketing campaigns
• Monitor social media accounts, website and associated analytics
• Suggest and develop content for search engine optimization
• Assist with developing a repository for marketing content that can be re-purposed
• Contribute to overseeing the creation of funnels, including landing pages, opt-in pages and sales pages
• Keep website and social media accounts updated with current and relevant information
• Staying up-to-date with marketing trends
Characteristics & Experience we’re looking for:
• Learning/Experience in Marketing & Social Media strategy and planning
• Relevant Learning/Experience, preferably in Communications or PR
• Understanding of keyword research and search engine optimization (SEO)
• Understanding and experience using social media such as LinkedIn & Instagram
• Experience with email marketing services
• Ability to design graphics (e.g. with Canva) that follow IBOSS Branding guidelines
• Effective communicator, especially in writing
• Experience with proofreading and editing
• Ability to present ideas and metrics clearly and concisely
• Organized with amazing attention to detail
• Ability to create strong relationships and work well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and clients
• Self-motivated and Proactive - Takes ownership and pride in their work
• Technologically savvy
• Can handle direct feedback and course correct as necessary
• Excellent Time Management skills
• Ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously —gets things done, meets deadlines and keeps promises.
• Ability to anticipate
• Extremely flexible (able to handle changing tasks)
• Strong ability to solve problems (creative problem solving)
• Ability to work independently but can work within a team, when necessary
• Marketing / Public Relations
• Social Media Management
• Search Engine Marketing (including Google AdWords)
• Email Management
• Newsletter & Ezine Broadcasting
• Article Submission
• Word Processing / Typing
• Writing / Editing
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Online Research (incl. Keyword Research)
• Social Media platforms: LinkedIn, Instagram
• Canva or comparable software (for social media images)
• MS Office
• Google Suite (mail, docs, drive, calendar)
• Dropbox (materials will be shared via this application)
• WordPress - blog content will be published on company website (considered a plus)
• Email marketing application e.g. MailChimp or similar (considered a plus)
• Google Analytics (considered a plus)
If you want to step into a role with a ton of potential, like to dig in and get stuff done and have a spirit of service and integrity, this is the role for you!