Rooks to Cooks
Placement Organization: Rooks to Cooks
Position Title: Communications & Marketing Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 40 Kodiak Cres. Unit 3 North York, Ontario
Rooks to Cooks is a culinary school for children founded in 2017 by Chef Shai Mandel. The programs offered by Rooks to Cooks began with in-home private lessons and have now expanded to include children's virtual cooking camps and classes, after school programs, workshops, and birthday parties. All lessons always emphasize themes of healthy eating and teach students how to live a fulfilling healthy life.
Mission: We will empower our students to become more independent by building self-confidence and supporting self-expression through culinary education.
We require assistance with our communications and marketing strategy, this may include the following:
• Identify potential partnership opportunities (e.g., schools);
• Assist with planning and executing our marketing program, primarily in the areas of social media content, email, cross-promotions and other outreach initiatives;
• Writing content for e-newsletter, brochures, blog, facebook, Instagram & twitter;
• Outreach to online calendars, blogs;
• Assist with development of marketing campaigns all aimed at maximizing awareness of our brand.
• Ability to conduct research and effectively present findings to team;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Proficiency in oral and written communication;
• Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner;
• Ability to strategize and look for different approaches to communication and media.
A passion for cooking would be considered an asset.