Placement Organization: Studio Magazine
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 1106 Queen Street West Toronto, Ontario
Craft Ontario is a non-profit art service organization that works to make craft a meaningful part of life. We champion craft by promoting artists and their work, and advocate for craft by inspiring, educating and connecting diverse audiences. For more information, please visit www.craftontario.com.
Studio Magazine offers Canadian perspectives on Craft and Design within global material culture. Published twice a year by Craft Ontario with an ongoing web presence, Studio is the Canadian arena for discussing the complex discourses around making.
The Studio Magazine Marketing Coordinator will assist with the development of Studio magazine’s online presence and digital resources at www.studiomagazine.ca.
Reporting to both the Editor-in-Chief and the Managing Editor, the Marketing Coordinator will support both with the implementation of Studio's social media and marketing strategies; the research and development of online craft and design resources; designing, conducting and analysing a readership survey; preparing a workflow process for online editorial content; and, reviewing and preparing content for Studio's archives.
The coordinator will also provide editorial support for the Spring/Summer 2021 issue with fact-checking and research. If desired, there are also opportunities to write for Studio's online presence. As the year progresses, there may also be opportunities for event planning and coordination support.
• Minimum 2 years of communications and marketing experience
• Demonstrated interest an involvement in the contemporary craft/arts sector
• Ability to both work independently as well as effectively collaborate as part of a larger team
• Dynamic personality – strong written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
• Ability to understand and connect with Studio magazine’s numerous stakeholders and audiences
• Related post-secondary education, preferably in the area of communications, marketing, media studies, cultural and arts management studies, and/or business administration
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with marketing strategies, digital promotion platforms, collecting and interpreting audience data