Finance is an essential part of managing any organization, large or small. It is also key to helping families plan their financial future. Learn how to manage the financial affairs of a company to work in Canadian corporate finance.
You’ll learn from faculty who are highly active in research on the most urgent contemporary finance challenges. Their research interests include wealth management, corporate finance, financial management, investment and portfolio management, financial engineering, financial institutions and markets, risk management, fixed income securities, asset pricing, real estate, ethics in finance and environmental management.
What do professionals need to be successful in this field?
- A professional designation
- Knowledge and insight into Canadian business and culture
Course offerings depend on the instructor and room/resource availability.
- AP/ADMS 3530 3.00 Finance
- AP/ADMS 3531 3.00 Personal Investment Management
- AP/ADMS 3541 3.00 Personal Financial Planning
- AP/ADMS 4501 3.00 Advanced Portfolio Management
- AP/ADMS 4503 3.00 Derivative Securities
- AP/ADMS 4504 3.00 Fixed Income Securities and Risk Management
- AP/ADMS 4506 3.00 Professional Financial Planning
- AP/ADMS 4535 3.00 Financial Statement Analysis
- AP/ADMS 4536 3.00 Security Valuation
- AP/ADMS 4540 3.00 Financial Management
- AP/ADMS 4542 3.00 International Financial Management
Internationally educated professionals interested in pursuing the following designations will need to be assessed by each individual association to determine the necessary course work, professional examinations and work experience required to become a member.
In my point of view, IEPs tend to be a lot harder working and more motivated to succeed. The struggles they faced made them stronger, taught them lessons. In Canada, our strength is diversity. Having people with experience in different companies, countries, areas of life adds value to the team and the job itself.
— Wasif Noorani
Vice President, BMO Capital Markets