Excellence in managing organizations has always been a prerequisite for attaining high levels of organizational performance. In a highly globalized market, organizations are compelled to seek only the most skilled management as they face issues of change and a dynamic external environment.
Management skills tend to be transferable between industries and fields. But what do professionals need to be successful managers in Canada?
- Strong communication skills
- Competence in all functional areas
- Leadership skills
- An understanding of change and change tactics
- Industry experience
- Knowledge and insight into Canadian business and culture
Course offerings depend on the instructor and room/resource availability.
- AP/ADMS 3300 Decision Analysis
- AP/ADMS 3351 Operations Management
- AP/ADMS 3353 Project Management
- AP/ADMS 3900 The Practice of General Management
- AP/ADMS 3920 New Venture and Small Business Management
- AP/ADMS 3960 International Business
- AP/ADMS 4225 Retailing Management
- AP/ADMS 4430 Career Management
- AP/ADMS 4444 Identity and Inclusivity in Organizations: Advanced Topic
- AP/ADMS 4480 Cross Cultural Management
- AP/ADMS 4495 Managing Effective Groups and Teams
Internationally educated professionals interested in pursuing one of the following designations will need to be assessed by each individual association to determine the necessary course work, professional examinations and work experience required to become a member.
Choosing the IEP Bridging Program at YorkU is a wise and strategic decision because you can start growing and building a meaningful personal and professional life.
— Nestor Castro
Advisor - Systems Team, 45 Consulting Services