LA&PS Student Success & Academic Advisors work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and community partners to meet the diverse and holistic needs of all of our students. It is our mission to provide quality academic advising that supports students in achieving their personal, academic, and career goals. By helping students interpret university policy, providing referrals to appropriate resources and assisting students in creating individual plans for academic success, our Student Success & Academic Advisors empower students to make informed decisions about their academic and life goals and improve their student experience.
NOTE: If you are a new student that has received an offer of admission but have not begun your first term of classes, please visit our new students webpage to find the information you need for enrolment and next steps.
Virtual Advising with QLESS
Virtual drop-in advising via QLESS is available for students seeking academic advising. Advising is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Each drop-in session is about 15-30 minutes.
How to use QLESS:
- Download the app on your smartphone from Google Play or the iTunes App Store.
- Open the app and select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies" to join the queue.
- Join the Call-Back Virtual Meeting Academic Advising queue.
- If there is a specific advisor you would like to speak to, please include their name.
- When it's your turn, an advisor will summon you from the line and connect via phone or zoom (please indicate your preferred method of communication prior to joining the line).
QLESS Hours of Operation: Monday to Thursday 10:00am – 3:00pm
The queue will close for the day once it reaches capacity.
Note: If you are not able to join QLESS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booked appointments are available on Fridays subject to availability between 10:00am – 3:00pm.
To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com or submit your request through our LA&PS Academic Advising Contact Form. Once your appointment is scheduled you will receive a notification of your appointment details.
Please note, if you are a student outside of the Faculty of LA&PS and wish to connect with an advisor from another faculty, head over to our university-wide advising website for contact information.
This is your place to explore job postings, develop your career plan, find out about networking events and access job search resources, such as resumé writing and interviewing skills.
Prepare for your advising session
- Review your program requirements in the Academic Calendar.
- Come with specific questions to your advising session.
Timelines are evolving as new information becomes available. For details of Fall/Winter 2020-21 sessional dates, please refer to the Registrar’s Office – Important Dates website.
For more information about the upcoming Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Academic Session and York’s path forward for the upcoming academic year, visit the YU Better Together FAQ webpage.