The University acknowledges and appreciates the continued strong support from York Region residents, current and future students, the business community and the many community groups and government partners who share York University’s vision that a new Markham Centre Campus is essential, valuable and beneficial for the entire community.
York University is realizing its bold vision of building the new Markham Centre Campus, thanks to generous in-kind and financial contributions from York Region and the City of Markham. Donor contributions are also instrumental in realizing this bold vision. The University continues to engage the community to support one of our top priorities for Impact: The Campaign for York University.
The University has also established strong public and private sector partnerships to allow us to take advantage of existing infrastructure and facilities in Markham Centre to enhance the campus experience and student life.
Once open, the Markham Centre Campus will provide opportunities for the private sector to invest in and develop student support services including student housing, retail and food services.
Academic and Research Programs
York's Markham Centre Campus will offer students:
- A unique opportunity to enjoy a small-campus setting, while still being able to take advantage of York University’s impressive academic and research strengths.
- Flexible learning opportunities, with enhanced teaching and learning approaches and facilities.
- Competitive, innovative, professionally relevant, industry focused undergraduate academic programs, centred on:
- Communications, Social Media & Public Relations
- Computer Science
- Creative Technologies
- Digital Technologies
- Financial Technology
- Sports Management
- 1st year Engineering
- 1st year Science
That will help meet the future labour market needs of York Region and Ontario by graduating globally educated citizens to support 15,000 net new jobs every year in York Region. Experiential learning opportunities, for every student, including internships and work placements, allowing students to collaborate directly with employers and community partners in the region.
Graduate Programs will be offered in:
- Masters and graduate diploma in Biotechnology,
- Masters in Management Practice and Graduate Diploma in Management,
- Masters in Public Policy, Administration and Law with emphasis on regional governments.