If you have saved materials from the Canadian Encyclopedia Digest (CED) to your Westlaw Edge account, you may soon notice some changes that have affected these resources. Thomson Reuters recently announced that as of this week, the following updates will be implemented:
- Paragraph numbers will be removed from the body of the text in the CED - please note that this will affect citations
- For example: CED Bailment II.1 will become CED Bailment § 11
- A table of concordance will be provided to assist users in navigating content
- Any existing links to CED documents in Folders, History, or copied links will be deactivated
- Entries will remain in Folders/History but links will not work - please ensure you update any of your hyperlinks to save yourself time in the future if you would like to access these saved documents
- All user-created highlights and annotations on existing Westlaw CED content will be removed. If you wish to retain annotations or highlights that you have added to CED content, it is recommended that you download your annotated documents, and save them externally before these changes are deployed (Wednesday, January 25).
- Please note that no content from the CED is being removed
If you would like further instruction on navigating the CED, or information on training, troubleshooting, or customer service support, please see the Law Library's Online Services research guide.
For any concerns, please reach out to the Library's Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org