Purchases between $25k and $50k require a greater level of scrutiny to ensure that the University obtains fair market value. To purchase goods valued between $25k and $50k follow the steps below.
Tip: check if you can purchase from a Vendor of Record. You may be able to access better pricing and terms, and will be exempt from the requirement to solicit three quotes.
1. BEFORE PURCHASE
Two steps are required prior to purchase:
- Confirm the preferred vendor:
a) If you purchase through a Vendor of Record, there is no requirement to collect three quotes.
b) For all other vendors collect three quotes (the Vendor Quote Solicitation Form is a useful tool to collect all the important information).
Note: you can request an exemption from collecting three quotes.
c) Select the preferred vendor.
- Complete and submit a Purchasing Requisition Form for the preferred vendor.
Receive a copy of the Purchase Order from Strategic Procurement Services:
- If you receive a Blanket P.O. you will need to purchase the goods directly from the vendor yourself; or
- If you receive a General or Projects P.O. then Strategic Procurement Services will purchase the goods on your behalf and send you a confirmation.
More information about Purchase Orders can be found here.
Strategic Procurement Services will ask the vendor if they would like to be paid by direct deposit and support the vendor to complete an Application for Vendor Direct Deposit Banking Form.
3. AFTER RECEIPT OF GOODS
Three steps are required after receipt of goods:
- Follow the “Receiving Instructions” section of the Purchase Order. More information about Purchase Orders can be found here.
- For payment to a vendor outside Canada or the United States, complete a Wire to Foreign Country Form.
- Send all forms to Accounts Payable (along with the invoice if it has been received) firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to reach us
4747 Keele Street Unit 1
Toronto, ON M3J2N9
Monday to Friday
8:30AM - 4:30PM
Telephone: 416 736 5857 (Ext. 55857)
Fax: 416 736 5630