skip York navigation Skip site menu
Section: Featured Windows

FEATURED WINDOWS



ST. JOHN'S ANGLICAN CHURCH, WHITBY, ONTARIO
150 Victoria Street East
Dedicated 5 July 1846

Plan of Window Placement

Windows recorded on 22 June 2009 by Marjorie Sorrell, Gail Sparks, Paul Upshall and Prof. Shirley Ann Brown.

Window T1

T1:  Tower Window
       Christ
       Luxfer Studio, Toronto, 1967
       The central figure of Christ is flanked by six historical scenes depicting:
            Laying of the cornerstone in 1845       
            The old lake schooner “Maple Leaf” bringing stone from Kingston
            St. John’s Church
            Rev. Pentland, the first rector, travelling on horseback
            Whitby Rialway Junction and the old “Plank Road”
            Modern environs of the church with local factories and the freeway (401)
            Dedicated on 3 July 1967.

Window T1 image at the official website of St. John's Anglican Church

Return to the main page for St. John's Anglican Church, Whitby, Ontario