Environment and Climate Change Canada: Climate Action and Awareness Fund
8 June 2021 @ 10:00 am
Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Climate Action and Awareness Fund (CAAF) has announced a call for proposals for Advancing Climate Change Science and Technology Research. The call will fund up to $59M for projects that will strengthen Canada’s science capacity to understand, identify, accelerate, and evaluate actions towards achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
Lead applicants are encouraged to develop collaborative proposals and partner with other academic institutions and organizations, including federal, provincial, territorial, or municipal government partners.
The projects funded by this request for proposals must fall under one of the following themes:
· Theme 1: Informing Carbon Sink Enhancements: Nature-Based Climate Solutions
· Theme 2: Understanding the Potential for, and Implications of, Negative Emission Technologies
· Theme 3: Understanding City- and Municipal-level GHG Emissions and Mitigation Effectiveness
· Theme 4: Understanding Multiple Benefits of Integrated Mitigation Approaches for Greenhouse Gases and Air Pollutants
· Theme 5: Understanding and Quantifying Transportation Sector Emissions in Canada
There is a two-step application process, consisting of a Letter of Intent (LOI) phase open to all eligible applicants, followed by an invitation-only full proposal phase.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to register for the CAAF webinar, held on Thursday, April 22, from 1-2pm.
Value and Duration
This request for proposals will provide up to $6 million per project over a maximum of five years.
|Final LOI and ORS checklist due to SIRI||Tuesday, June 8, 2021|
|LOI due at agency||Thursday, June 10, 2021|
|Notification of invitation to stage 2||Late spring, 2021|
Applicants interested in this application must notify our Faculty Research Officer - Stefanie Bernaudo as soon as possible, firstname.lastname@example.org