- This event has passed.
Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program
October 15 @ 10:00 am
Launced in 2017, the Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design. One award is given per discipline area. By offering these awards, Johnson & Johnson hopes to play an influential role in STEM2D breakthroughs in the future.
The funds are intended to be used for research consumables and salary or hourly wages of lab personnel to be used by the winner in support of her research project. It can also fund capital equipment, external CRO costs, travel, conference attendance and publication costs associated with the project.
To see a list of recent winners, please visit the program website.
The program is open to:
- Women working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing or Design.
- Women who are working as an assistant professor (or global equivalent) and not yet tenured at an accredited university, institution or design school.
- Candidates must hold a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science: MD or PhD
- Technology: PhD
- Engineering: PhD
- Math: MS or PhD
- Manufacturing: PhD
- Design: MA, MS, MDes, March, MFA, MLA, PhD.
- Universities may not submit more than 1 candidate per discipline area.
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND EVALUATION
The online application portal opens September 14, 2020.
Candidates will be expected to provide the following materials in their nomination package:
- A university or school department head letter of recommendation. (note: each university/institution can support only one applicant per discipline; six applicants in total)
- A detailed research proposal, no more than 1,000 words. One additional page can be added for images or references.
- A resume, no more than 3 pages, font size 11, including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- A brief budget outline for the proposed research. A template is provided for the budget.
- A signed ORS Checklist for internal approvals.
Applications are reviewed by an advisory board consisting of one industry leader in each of the respective STEM2D disciplines and other individuals chosen by the Company.
Judges will use the following criteria to evaluate the applications:
- Scientific/technical expertise exhibited
- Novelty/innovation of the research
- Potential impact of the research
- Feasibility of the research
INTERNAL DEADLINE: September 11, 2020
Because the agency limits the number of applications, SIRI requests that Faculty Research Officers notify Abby Vogus, SIRI Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org of interested candidates and their selected disciplines no later than Friday, September 11. If multiple candidates in one discipline are interested in applying, those candidates will be asked to submit a CV and a brief overview of their research proposal to be adjudicated by VPRI.
AGENCY DEADLINE: October 15, 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please visit the WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program website for further details and FAQs at https://www.jnj.com/wistem2d-university-scholars.
Abby Vogus, SIRI Specialist, email@example.com
- Funder: Johnson & Johnson
- Agency Deadline: Oct 15, 2020
- Notes:For further information please contact Abby Vogus, SIRI Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org .