- This event has passed.
NSERC Research Tools and Instruments Grants Program 2020
October 9 @ 10:00 am
NSERC RTI Grants Program, Category 1 (due October 25, which is a Sunday so the NSERC deadline will be Monday, October 26, 2020). Please find below important information regarding submission of your application.
Due to COVID-19, NSERC is replacing live webinars with pre-recorded videos followed by live Q&A sessions. This series is meant to assist the research community on how to complete an application using the Research Portal and the NSERC Canadian Common CV (CCV). You will find below the pre-recorded videos as well as the dates for these upcoming live Q&A sessions. New Q&A session dates will be added as they become available on NSERC’s website.
Pre-recorded Videos and Live Q & A
NSERC has asked that you please view the pre-recorded videos prior to attending a live Q&A session, as the material presented in the videos will not be repeated.
In order to prepare, NSERC invite you to familiarize yourself with the following documents:
- RTI program description which includes the Peer Review Manual and Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Completing an RTI Application
To foster and enhance the discovery, innovation and training capability of university researchers in the natural sciences and engineering by supporting the purchase of research equipment
NSERC will only accept requests:
- For tools and instruments that form a comprehensive system intended to support NSERC funded research in the natural sciences and engineering. A comprehensive system is one in which each tool or instrument forms part of an integrated system of operation to support the research program(s). Requests that bundle unrelated tools and instruments together will not be accepted.
- For the purchase of new, used or refurbished equipment, for the repair, upgrade or rental of equipment, or for the fabrication of equipment that is not readily available off the shelf.
- For equipment that is purchased or rented after the application deadline.
Note: Researchers can submit one RTI application per competition, either as an applicant or a co-applicant, but not as both. This requirement does not apply to Subatomic Physics applicants as their grant applications are reviewed and supported through a different multi-program envelope.
Up to $150K
Submission of application to ORS for full review: Friday, October 9, 2020
Submission of application to ORS for required review: If you prefer NOT to have a full review, please submit the FINAL application and the fully signed ORS Checklist to email@example.com and submit the application electronically on the Research Portal by no later than 12noon on Monday, October 26, 2020 for ORS to submit to NSERC.
Submission of application to agency: October 26, 2020
Please contact your Faculty Research Officer for information on their internal deadlines.