- This event has passed.
Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN) - New Call for the HIV Endgame Program
November 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN) has launched a new call for the HIV Endgame Program. This Program supports Ontario investigators and multidisciplinary teams who take evidence-based approaches in their work to create and improve the health and lives of those most affected by HIV. A summary is provided below.
The Endgame Program funds groundwork to support the design, implementation, improvement, and scale-up of programs and services that move Ontario closer to reaching the HIV endgame. The program supports data, evidence-sharing, and impact activities that will:
- meet the needs of populations in Ontario most affected by HIV
- drive changes in policy and practice across the HIV prevention, engagement, and care cascade
- lead to more integrated health and social services
- identify effective ways to address the social determinants that have a negative impact on the health of communities most affected by HIV
- contribute to a rapid learning HIV health and social system
The following funding opportunities fall under the Endgame Program:
GAME CHANGER AWARDS: investigator-driven awards that will build on the engagement of Ontario’s HIV innovation community to generate game-changing knowledge, and pilot and scale up innovative interventions. This award includes two funding options:
- Breaking new ground awards funds innovative, high reward projects that will break new ground and build evidence and programs to dramatically improve the prevention, treatment, care cascade in Ontario. This funding stream will support the piloting, evaluation, or scale up of HIV interventions.
- Implementation science awards funds the development of sustainable, effective HIV programs and services. The goal is to promote the utilization and adoption of evidence-based HIV interventions; support the planning, execution and implementation of HIV interventions using appropriate implementation science methodologies; and improve HIV programs and services by cultivating regular uptake of evidence-based practice. This funding stream will support implementation science initiatives that will contribute to a rapid learning system for HIV.
OHTN has identified seven priorities or key learning areas:
- Effective PrEP scale-up in Ontario
- Population-focused prevention and health promotion
- HIV testing
- Linkage, adherence, and retention in care
- Clinical care standards and capacity
- Integration of services
- Mental health and well-being of people living with and at risk of HIV (including stigma reduction)
In addition, OHTN welcomes applications for project designed to implement and evaluation interventions that:
- Promote equity, efficiency, and integration of HIV health and social services
- Mitigate or remove structural barriers and promote equity of access to HIV services
- Increase uptake of HIV testing and diagnosis, and PrEP
- Address mental health needs of those with or at risk of HIV
An information session will be held on Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 12pm EST. Register here for the information session.
Breaking New Ground Awards – Up to 2 years
Implementation Science Awards – Up to 3 years
|Letter of Intent (LOI) due at ORS for full review||Monday, November 23, 2020|
|LOI and fully signed and completed ORS Checklist due at ORS for required review||By 9:00am on Thursday, December 3, 2020|
|LOI due at agency||By 5:00pm EST on Monday, December 7, 2020|
|Application due at ORS for full review||Monday, December 21, 2020|
|Application and fully signed and completed ORS Checklist due at ORS for required review||By 9:00am on Thursday, January 14, 2021|
|Application due at agency (by invitation only)||By 5:00pm EST on Monday, January 18, 2021|
Please contact your Faculty Research Officer for information on their internal deadlines.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here: https://yulink-new.yorku.ca/documents/20182/1241545/Electronic+submission+of+res+apps+and+ORS+Checklists+Maqy+2020/6132a1da-89e2-472c-876b-b54431281e12
For complete details and how to apply, visit: http://www.ohtn.on.ca/endgame-funding-program/
Breaking New Ground Awards - $50K to $150K/year
Implementation Science Awards - $150K to $250K/year