- This event has passed.
SSHRC Knowledge Synthesis Grants
December 3 @ 2:00 pm
The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC),in partnership with Infrastructure Canada,recently launched a Knowledge Synthesis Grants (KSG) competitionto assess the state of research knowledge on the topic of “Mobility and Public Transit.”A summary is provided below.
- To support researchers in producing knowledge synthesis reports and evidence briefs that:
- support the use of evidence in decision-making and the application of best practices; and assist in developing future research agendas.
Applicants must address the following three objectives in their proposals:
State of Knowledge and Research Gaps
- critically assess the state of knowledge of the theme under consideration from a variety of sources, as appropriate;
- identify knowledge strengths and gaps within the theme; and
- identify the most promising policies and practices related to the theme.
- assess the quality, accuracy and rigour (i.e., methodological approaches) of current work in the field; and
- identify strengths and gaps in the quantitative and qualitative data available.
- engage cross-sectoral stakeholders (academic, public and not-for-profit sectors) and/or First Nations,Métis and Inuit rights-holders throughout the project to mobilize knowledge related to promising policies and practices; and
- use effective knowledge mobilization methods to facilitate the sharing of research findings with cross-sectoral stakeholders and Indigenous rights-holders.
Knowledge Synthesis Grants are not intended to support original research. Rather, they are intended to support the synthesis ofexistingresearch knowledge and the identification of knowledge gaps.This call is focused on the state of research knowledge emerging over the past 10 years.
Up to $30,000
|Full proposal due at ORS for full review||Thursday, December 3, 2020|
|Final proposal and fully signed ORS Checklist due at ORS for required review||by 12:00 noon on Thursday, December 17, 2020|
|Full proposal due at agency||Thursday, December 17, 2020 Note: Applications must be submitted to the SSHRC’s Online System by 12Noon to allow ORS enough time to e-approve and submit to SSHRC for peer review.|
Please contact your Faculty Research Officer for information on their internal deadlines.
Visit SSHRC Knowledge Synthesis Grants website for more information.