- This event has passed.
TandemLaunch Discovery Grant - Stage 2
13 April 2021 @ 10:00 am
TandemLaunch is accepting applications to its Discovery Grant (DG) Program.The TandemLaunch Discovery Grant has been developed in collaboration with Mitacs. A summary is provided below.
- To identify research ideas and academic leaders that can solve impactful challenges in the consumer and industry technology sectors
Full-time faculty members at Canadian post-secondary institutions. Applicants must be part of an established research program and have a PhD-level student willing to intern for at least 50% of their time at the TandemLaunch offices for the period of the grant. Investigators must nominate a PhD-level student in their 3rd or higher year to participate in the research project.
- Non-Contact and Continuous Biosignal Monitoring
- Non-invasive nerve stimulation
- Event-driven Computer Vison Systems
- In-Body Communication
- Free Space Spatially Controlled Sound Transduction
- Novel Display Technologies
- Personal Data Management
- Recyclable Electronics
- High Spatial Resolution Hyperspectral Imaging
Up to $30K
- Stage 1: Applications will be reviewed by the TandemLaunch Venture Development Committee Stage 2: Elected applicants will be invited to complete and submit a Mitacs application package for the Mitacs review process
|Stage 1 application due at ORS for full review||Friday, February 12, 2021|
|Stage 1 application and fully completed and signed ORS Checklist due at ORS for required review||by 9:00am on Thursday, February 25, 2021|
|Stage 1 application due at TandemLaunch||Monday, March 1, 2021|
|Stage 2 application due at ORS for review||Thursday, April 1, 2021|
|Stage 2 application and fully signed ORS Checklist due at ORS for required review||by 9:00am on Tuesday, April 13, 2021|
|Stage 2 application package due at Mitacs (by invitation only)||Thursday, April 15, 2021|
Please contact our Faculty Research Office - firstname.lastname@example.org for information on our faculty's internal deadline.