|Opportunity Name||Ontario Postdoctoral Fellowship in Genome Data Science|
|Agency||Ontario Genomics and the Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute|
|Value||Up to $50,000/year|
|Duration||Up to 2 years|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10-18-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||10-25-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||10-28-2022, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||11-01-2022|
To support the work of early-career investigators pursuing research in the area of statistical genetics, environmental genetics, or the economics and impacts of genomic technologies, in a climate-changing world.
Research projects of particular interest are those that:
- Bridge data from the lab into real world (commercial or governmental applications);
- Develop tools and link datasets in meaningful ways for policy development and implementation; and
- Establish frameworks and methods that allow consistent comparison of results, and that give an understanding of the limitations and opportunities.
- Applicants must be undertaking full-time research during the term of the postdoctoral fellowship at a CANSSI Ontario member university or any of their affiliated research institutes.
- Applicants must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD in the fields of statistics, computational biology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science, epidemiology, genomics or other related quantitative fields between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to this competition, please contact Kim McIntyre, Post-doctoral Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or extension 22993.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.