|Opportunity Name||Data Access Grants|
|Agency||Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute|
|Value||Up to $5,000|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10 business days prior to submission to the agency|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||5 business days prior to submission to the agency|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||2 business days prior to submission to the agency, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||Anytime|
- To foster research by mitigating the high cost of access to many data sets.
- To bring together faculty from different disciplines to work on projects through a shared trainee at a Master’s, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral level.
- Trainees or faculty members at Ontario-based universities are eligible to apply.
- Each proposal must include two faculty members from different academic units including from different departments, divisions, faculties, or affiliated research institutes.
- At least one faculty member must be appointed to a statistics/biostatistics unit (department, division or school) or is a biostatistics/statistics scientist appointed to a mathematics department.
How to Apply
Post-docs interested in applying, please contact Kim McIntyre, Post-doctoral Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or extension 22993.
Graduate students interested in applying, please contact Suzette Fernandez, Research Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 33835.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.