|Opportunity Name||Faculty Innovation Award|
|Value||Up to $100,000|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 40%|
|Duration||1 year, with a possible extension|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||08-31-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||09-08-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||09-13-2022, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||09-15-2022, by 11:59PM|
Sony would like to partner with universities to help cultivate advanced concepts and fertilize their own research and development. Funds will be provided to conduct pioneering research in the following areas:
1 - Information Technology
- Audio, Music, Speech and Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Brain Technology
- Planetary Sensing
- Computer Vision
- Remote and Immersive Technology
- Wireless Communication
- RF Sensing
- Systems and Networking
- Data Analytics
- Human Sensing & Interaction
- Display System
2 - Devices and Materials
- Novel Functional Devices and Materials
- Sustainable Devices and Materials
- Optical Computing
- Microdisplay/Spatial Light Modulator
- Sensors for Robotics
3 - Biomedical and Life Science
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Neuropsychiatric Disease (Mental Health)
Principal Investigators (PIs) must meet the eligibility criteria below.
- Must belong to a university, educational institution, or governmental/non-profit research institute.
- Must be a full-time professor (adjunct professors and adjunct researchers are not eligible) or researcher and be eligible to supervise Ph.D. students at the PI's institution. Full professors, associate professors, and assistant professors are eligible to apply.
- Must be in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.