|Opportunity Name||Focused Research Award|
|Value||Up to $150,000|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 40%|
|Duration||1 year, with a possible extension|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||08-31-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||09-08-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||09-13-2022, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||09-15-2022, by 11:59PM|
This award provides an opportunity for university faculty, research institutes, and Sony to conduct collaborative research that facilitates exploration of new and promising research. Sony is seeking proposals under the following areas:
- Future Network System and Its Fundamental Core Technology Designs
- Novel Actuator and Mechanism for Robots
- Autonomous Mobile Robot Navigation
- Learning Spatial-temporal Bird’s-Eye-View Representation from Multiple Sensor Types
- Novel Information Display Based on Characteristics of the Peripheral Visual Field
- Novel Technologies for MIR VCSELs
- Liquid Biopsy
- Advanced Image Processing enabled by AI
- Machine Learning-based Novel Digital Human Creation
Principal Investigators (PIs) must meet the eligibility criteria below.
- Must belong to a university, educational institution, or governmental/non-profit research institute.
- Must be a full-time professor (adjunct professors and adjunct researchers are not eligible) or researcher and be eligible to supervise Ph.D. students at the PI's institution. Full professors, associate professors, and assistant professors are eligible to apply.
- Must be in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.