|Topic:||Class and Examination Scheduling, Academic Activities Disruption, Emergencies|
Description: Has associated procedure.
Policy on Weather Emergencies
- In the interest of the safety of the University community and its visitors, the University may in response to a weather emergency, suspend normal operations or programmes at its Keele campus, Glendon campus, Miles S. Nadal Management Centre and/or Osgoode Professional Development Program Centre. A decision to adopt emergency procedures shall be taken when it is determined that weather conditions:
- may prevent safe travel to and from the University; or,
- may have a substantial adverse effect on normal University operations.
- The Vice-President, Finance and Administration shall make the decision to adopt weather emergency procedures, or to suspend normal operating procedures. If classes and/or examinations at one or both campuses must be cancelled, the decision will be made by or with the Chair of Senate or delegate.
- When weather emergency procedures are in force, the University shall remain open and when and where possible, essential services shall be provided.
- A weather watch will be maintained throughout the period in which weather emergency procedures remain in force. Conditions will be monitored until a decision is made to return to normal operations.
- Unless a decision is made to continue the weather emergency, the University will return to normal operating procedures at 11:00 p.m. on the day of a weather emergency (for evening or night shift employees) and 8:00 a.m. the following morning for all other purposes.
- The Vice-President, Finance and Administration shall develop such Weather Emergency Procedures as are desirable to give effect to this policy.
|Legislative History:||Approved by UEC: 1994/09/12; Approved by BPC: 1994/09/27; Date Effective: 1994/09/27; Updated 2011/06/15.|