What is a course code string?
When you request online services for your courses, you may be asked to provide the complete course code string. This code represents a specific offering of a course in a specific academic year. You can get codes for any official grouping of a course: lecture, seminar, tutorial, lab, etc.
The code looks like this.
The spaces in the code are replaced with underscores so that it can be used by web applications like YQuiz.
How to find and copy a course code
- Go to http://coursecode.yorku.ca
- Use the selection boxes to choose the faculty, department, and academic year of the course.
- Summer courses belong to the academic year that started with the previous September. Courses in May to August 2004 are part of the 2003–04 academic year.
- You may see many matches, especially if the course has tutorials, labs or multiple sections. Check carefully to be sure you have located the grouping you need.
- The Copy link will work only for certain web browsers; if it doesn't work for you, select the course code string and choose Edit menu > Copy.