Service Note: This service is obsolete and this page is for reference purposes only.
For security reasons, going forward please connect to VPN from off campus locations before connecting to publish.yorku.ca.
SFTP software enables you to upload files from a computer to a web server using the Secure File Transfer Protocol. SFTP functionality is often built in to web authoring software, but it can be done using stand-alone SFTP software Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
How do I get it?
- Download SFTP software (free)
- If you are in an off campus location then please connect to VPN first as per instructions in the following link: https://www.yorku.ca/computing/vpn-choice.html
- SFTP Settings for Central Web:
SFTP software, or web authoring software with built-in SFTP functionality, requires several settings be set correctly to be able to upload files to your Central Web account. Each setting is explained below:
|Where you enter the host name or IP address of the SFTP server to which you wish to connect.||Where you type your Central Web username.||Where you type your Central Web password.||If you are connecting to a secure (SFTP) server the port should be set to "22".|
|For central web accounts type publish.yorku.ca|
How do I get help?
- Content you upload to /home/USERNAME/MyWebSite will appear on the Internet as http://www.yorku.ca/USERNAME/
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.