Service Note: For security reasons, going forward please connect to VPN from off campus locations before connecting to publish.yorku.ca.
SFTP software enables you to upload files from a computer to a web server using the Secure File Transfer Protocol. SFTP functionality is often built in to web authoring software, but it can be done using stand-alone SFTP software Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
How do I get it?
- Download SFTP software (free)
- If you are in an off campus location then please connect to VPN first as per instructions in the following link: https://www.yorku.ca/computing/vpn-choice.html
- SFTP Settings for Central Web:
SFTP software, or web authoring software with built-in SFTP functionality, requires several settings be set correctly to be able to upload files to your Central Web account. Each setting is explained below:
|Where you enter the host name or IP address of the SFTP server to which you wish to connect.||Where you type your Central Web username.||Where you type your Central Web password.||If you are connecting to a secure (SFTP) server the port should be set to "22".|
|For central web accounts type publish.yorku.ca|
How do I get help?
- Content you upload to /home/USERNAME/MyWebSite will appear on the Internet as http://www.yorku.ca/USERNAME/
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.