- Right-click on the wireless icon in the task bar located at the bottom right of your screen and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Manage wireless networksfrom the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Add; Click on Manually create a network profile.
- In the Manually connect to a wireless network window, specify the following and click Next:
- Network name: eduroam
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Click on Change connection settings.
- In the Security tab, uncheck Remember my credentials ... each time I’m logged on and click on Settings.
- In the Protected EAP Properties window, if GlobalSign Extended Validation CA is listed under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, select it and proceed to step 8. If GlobalSign Extended Validation CA is not listed as a trusted root CA, download the GlobalSign Extended Validation CA and install it by opening the file and selecting Install Certifiate. Once installed, select it as the trusted authority for the eduroam profile and proceed.
- Select Configure under Select Authentication Method.
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)check box.
- Click OK to save these settings and close all windows.
- Click on the wireless network icon in the task bar located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Select eduroam from the list of available networks and click Connect.
- In the Windows Security box, enter the following and click OK:
User name: email@example.com
Password: your Passport York account password
- Enter Passport York credentials in Windows Security box"
- Click OK.
You should now be connected to the eduroam wireless network.