University Information Technology (UIT) provides an extensive range of systems management services for servers hosted within UIT's computing facilities. Operating systems management services include support of standard Operating Systems and their respective monitoring. In addition, support for hardware maintenance, network connectivity and server hardware hosting is also available as a separate Hardware Server Management Service.
Standard support is provided during regular business hours (8:30am - 4:30pm ET).
How do I get it?
Available to York faculty and instructors, researchers who have research-based servers, and administrative staff within Faculties and Operational units who are systems administrators.
How do I get help?
- Server Management services are only available to servers that are installed and operated within UIT data centre.
- Standard support is provided during regular business hours (8:30am - 4:30pm ET).
- To utilize this service, users must have already subscribed to the Server Hosting or Server Hardware Management Service.
- 24 x 7 support is available for an additional charge. Monthly storage and service charges are billed separately, based on actual storage allocation requirements.
- Charges vary based on the specific Operating System and are subject to change based on the complexity of new releases of an Operating System.
- Please note that both Microsoft Windows Server and Apple Macintosh OSX require seperate licenses and/or CALS which are not included and can be purchased at the market price.