Service Note: For security reasons, going forward please connect to VPN from off campus locations before connecting to publish.yorku.ca.
Central Web is a high performance, high availability web hosting service designed to deliver HTML.
Central Web hosting is available to York faculty members, research projects, and administrative and academic units.
How do I get it?
- If you are a faculty member you can activate your Central Web account within Manage My Services. You will need your Passport York username and password.
- To request a departmental Central Web account submit a service request.
How do I get help?
- Once your account is activated, you can publish content using most SFTP or web authoring software.
- Content uploaded to /home/USERNAME/MyWebSite will appear on the Internet as http://www.yorku.ca/USERNAME/ (Note: do not delete the MyWebSite directory!)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.