What we do
At present our activities are focused on two main thematic areas.
The first concerns alternative knowledges – which focuses on issues related to knowledge and knowledge partnerships.
Read about our work on knowledge
The second concerns issues of alternative economies, including the social economy, fair trade and similar innovations that challenge conventional wisdom.
Read about our work on alternative economies
- Award 2011: Millennium Development Research Grant, Shastri Insitute (SICI), 2011
- Constructing a North-South Knowledge Community: Social Science & Humanities Research Council Canada (SSHRC), award 2010
- Development after the Global Meltdown, Shastri Insitute (SICI) award, 2009
- Recent publications by ISHD members
- Universitas Forum, an international journal