Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Tel: +1-416-736-2100 ext. 88865
Xuemei is a Business Librarian at Bronfman Library, York University. She is responsible for reference, information literacy, collection development, faculty liaison, and university needs assessment for users of business and related programs. Xuemei has recently worked at Saint Mary’s University as the Digital Services Librarian, where she was mainly responsible for Statistics Canada and Finance data support. She has years of international trade experience in China. Xuemei is also an honorary research fellow in the Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group at the University of Wolverhampton. She is an active Webometrics researcher who is very interested in research impact measurement.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Li, X., Thelwall, M., & Giustini, D. (2012), Validating online reference managers for scholarly impact measurement. Scientometrics,91(2), 461–471. doi:10.1007/s11192-011-0580-x
- Thelwall, M., Li, X., Barjak, F. & Robinson, S. (2008). Assessing the web connectivity of research groups on an international scale. ASLIB Proceedings, 60(1), 18-31.
- Barjak, F., Li, X. & Thelwall, M. (2007). Which factors explain the web impact of scientists’ personal homepages? Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 58(2), 200-211.
- Li, X., Thelwall, M., Wilkinson, D. & Musgrove, P. (2005a). National and international university departmental web site interlinking, Part 1: Validation of departmental link analysis, Scientometrics, 64(2), 151-185
- Li, X., Thelwall, M., Wilkinson, D. & Musgrove, P. (2005b). National and international university departmental web site interlinking, Part 2: Link patterns, Scientometrics, 64(2), 187-208.
- Li, X., Thelwall, M., Musgrove, P. & Wilkinson, D. (2003). The relationship between the WIFs or inlinks of computer science department in UK and their RAE ratings or research productions in 2001, Scientometrics, 57(2), 239-255.
- Li, X. (2003). A review of the development and application of the Web Impact Factor, Online Information Review, 27(6), 407-417.
- Wilkinson, D., Thelwall, M. & Li, X. (2003). Exploiting hyperlinks to study academic Web use. Social Science Computer Review, 21(3), 340-351.
- Thelwall, M., Vaughan, L., Cothey, V., Li, X. & Smith, A. G. (2003). Which academic subjects have most online impact? A pilot study and a new classification process, Online Information Review, 27(5), 333-343.
- Li, X. & Thelwall, M. (2012). F1000, Mendeley and Traditional Bibliometric Indicators. In E. Archambault, Y. Gingras, & V. Lariviere (Eds.), Proceedings of STI 2012 (pp. 541–551) the 17th International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators, 5-8 September, 2012, Montreal, Canada. Available at http://2012.sticonference.org/Proceedings/vol2/Li_F1000_541.pdf
- Li, X., Thelwall, M., & Giustini, D. (2011). Validating online reference managers for scholarly impact measurement. In E. Noyons, P. Ngulube & J. Leta (Eds.), Proceedings of ISSI 2011-The 13th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informetrics (pp. 454-462), Durban, 4-7 July 2011.
- Alekson, T., Bezanson, M. and Li, X. (2009). Pitching student savvy: Web 2.0 workshop development in higher education. The BCLA Conference 2009, Burnaby, BC, Canada, April 16 -18 2009.
- Barjak, F., Li, X, & Thelwall, M. (2005). Which factors explain the web impact of scientists’ personal home pages? Presentation at Internet Research 6.0: Internet Generations, the Annual Conference of the Association of Internet Researchers, Chicago, IL, October 16-19 2005.
- Li, X., Thelwall, M., Musgrove, P. & Wilkinson, D. (2003). Do academic web pages in Western Europe attract more links if they are in English? The 9th ISSI Conference, Beijing, China, August 25-29 2003.
- Li, X., Thelwall, M., Musgrove, P. & Wilkinson, D. (2002). The relationship between the links/Web Impact Factors of computer science departments in UK and their RAE (Research Assessment Exercise) ranking in 2001, the 7th International S&T Indicators Conference, Karlsruhe Germany, September 25 to 28 2002.
- Alekson, T., Bezanson, M., Lai, A., Li, X., Cho, A., Freund, L., Neame, S. and Rasmussen, E. (2009). Digital media internships: LIS education 2.0. Poster session of the ASIS&T 2009, Vancouver, BC, Canada, November 6-11 2009.
- Giustini, D., Hooker, D., Li, X. and Bradley, S. (2009). Bridging the gap between student and health librarians: A case study of CHLA/ABSC's Student Interest Group (SIG) from 2006-2009. Poster session of the 33rd annual Conference of CHLA/ABSC, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, May 30 - June 3 2009.
Other Publications and Presentations
- Alekson, T., Bezanson, M., Adrienne Lai and Li, X. (2009). Web 2.0 in action. Wired West, 12(2). (http://units.sla.org/chapter/cwcn/wwest/v12n2/alekson_digital.shtml)
- Alekson, T., Bezanson, M. and Li, X. (2009). Digital media project: Library education 2.0. The 2009 e-Learning Open House, UBC Office of Learning Technology and e-Strategy, Mar 5 2009.
- Alekson, T., Bezanson, M. and Li, X. (2008). Digital media internships: Environmental scan. The Stephen and Marion Johnson Memorial Lecture in Library and Information Studies. SLAIS UBC, September 17 2008.
Awards and Recognitions
- APLA Memorial Award 2011 $900 (May 2011)
- Saint Mary's University FGSR Research Grant $1000 (Mar 2011)
- ISI-recognized Fast Breaking and New Hot Paper in Social Sciences (Jun/July 2004)
- Fully funded PhD studentship with £7,000 bursaries annually (Oct 2001 - Sept 2004)
Last modified January 4th, 2012