This database allows students to view awards, scholarships, prizes and bursaries offered at York University. Take a few moments and search for awards that you may be eligible for; you can search by Faculty, award type, year level or even type in the name of an award that you may be familiar with. Unless otherwise stated, all full-time, part-time and mature students are eligible for all the awards in the system as long as they meet the published criteria.
For additional graduate awards, visit the Financial Support section of the Faculty of Graduate Studies Web site. For a listing of external awards, visit the Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries section of this Web site.
Note: All awards listed at this Web site are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- This tells you what type of award it is, so that you can target what awards you want to apply for.
- Bursaries are based on financial need; students with financial need are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are based on academic merit; students with high academic standing are encouraged to apply.
- Awards are based on academic merit and financial need; students with high academic standing and financial need are encouraged to apply.
2. Timing of Award/Offered
- This is the time of year that this award is offered. This will give you an indication as to when you need to apply for these awards. There are several options, but the most common is "In-Course (Fall/Winter)".
3. No. of Awards
- This is the number of awards offered each year for this particular award.
- This outlines who is eligible to apply for this award. For example, some awards may state a minimum credit enrolment, a certain grade point average (GPA) or enrolment in a specific Faculty.
5. Application Process
- This explains how you can be considered for the award. Many of the awards simply require that you fill out the Student Financial Profile (SFP) for the current session. Some other awards ask for reference letters and personal statements outlining your extra-curricular involvement.